Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tools of Course

I just visited one of my local Home Depot's (living in a big town gives me many options, it's so neat!) just to pick up paint. $389 later, I left with a nice 12-month-no-interest-you-sucker charge on my Home Depot Consumer credit card.

My most exciting purchase is this spiffy 10" table saw. This is my first table saw, and I can't wait to use it! On what, I don't know, but now I have it!

Since y'all nixed my column boxing in, I won't need it for that, but I still have a ton of trim to do and a vanity to build... and I really want to make a headboard/maybe frame for my bed.... et cetera. Plus, I've always wanted one. So there.

What I've decided to do with my iron porch columns is a nice painting technique that mimics the wrought iron furniture in my house. I bought six cans of Rust-Oleum Stops Rust metallic Silver spray paint (handy that it was buy 2 get 1 free today), which I will put on the posts and then wipe down somewhat with the diluted black Rust-Oleum. I think this will look nice, but what do I know...

To further augment my charges, I finally decided on exterior light fixtures (well, decided while they are still in the box, at least). I went with Progress Lighting's Golden Baroque Tiffany Collection which I think will match or come close to matching my paint work, and mimic the iron scroll work. It looks very silver in this picture but it has more muted brown tones in person so I think it will great with my Warwick Lodge paint color. My concern now is removing the existing fixtures (and sometimes I wonder why I'm not just painting them and calling it good) which hang up from the mount... I hope these will still look right hanging down from the mount.

So that was my glorious trip to the HD. I was very unimpressed with the help I got from all of my sales associates except for my cashier and the hardware guy today... the rest acted like it was a Sunday and they didn't want to be there.... but I guess I can't blame them.

Oh, and their garden center is starting to go on sale! I'll need to watch it closely to make sure I can buy the things I need before they're gone. I bought a ton of stuff last fall (it was COLD) at 75% off and ALL of it lived so I'm going to attempt to do that again this year. I need some trees and tons of perennials for the front..... I feel broke already.

No comments: